You’ve been dreaming since a long time of a sailing vacation abroad a prestigious yacht that will take you for one week to paradise. However, life is full of surprises and not all things can work out the way we expect them to.
In this article, we have gathered for you some tips for things to know before renting a yacht to make the utmost of your vacation.
1-Things you should have in mind before contacting a yacht charter agency
Before even choosing and contacting a yacht charter agency, define in your mind what you want, what you dream of, make some researches about your preferred destination and make your mind before some time.
Now that you’ve got an idea about your preferences, it’s time to head towards a yacht charter agency and get the exact information from experts and professionals. Here comes the most essential step.
You have to be careful, after all you don’t want your dream yacht charter to be transformed into a nightmare. Choose an agency with a broad experience which offices are to be found on site.
2- Things to know when contacting the yacht charter agency
Whether you have already chosen the agency you’re going to deal with, or you still feel hesitant, it’s time to ask questions to make your choice. Keep one thing in mind: DON’T BE SHY! It’s your right to know. You can ask as much questions as you want:
– What is included in the initial price and what are the extra costs (security deposit, linens, end cleaning, water toys…)
-ask if you need a trip or a boat insurance
– ask about food and drinks and if you can order your provisions in advance
– If you opt for a bareboat yacht charter ask about the required license and necessary papers to bring.
-However, if you choose a crewed yacht charter, you can ask about the qualifications of the crew, their experience, their knowledge of the itinerary, if the chef can handle special diets, are the tips of the crew included or you have to tip them after the trip…
-You have to ask about the condition of the boat, in which year it was built, what kind of equipment you’ll find on board…
– Ask about transfer from the airport to the marina and vice versa if it’s included in the costs, if not ask if they can manage to and for how much…
– ask if pets are allowed
3-Things to know before starting your sailing vacation
Now that you have already signed the renting contract and preparing yourself for your dream vacation, you keep asking yourself what are you going to bring with you.
-You are going to relax, to swim, to snorkel, to sunbathe… so forget about all your formal clothes and bring swimsuits, t-shirts, shorts, hats, sunglasses and a looot of sunscreen…however, if you’re planning a dinner in a fancy restaurant don’t forget to bring adequate outfit.
– You must keep in mind that a yacht is it’s owner’s pride so be careful to damage it : no high heels allowed, you can only wear white soled shoes or flip flops…
– Towels and linens are to be found generally on the yacht, however you’re welcome to bring your own if you prefer to.
– Use soft sided collapsible luggage
– Do not forget your prescription medications. Do not on count on pharmacies during your trip, you may not find one near the marina or they could be run out of some medicines.
-Consult your doctor or pharmacist about preventive medications: sea sickness for instance.
-If you’re prone to mosquito bites, don’t forget to bring insect repellent
– Check to make sure you bring enough of every thing for your stay…