This post is also available in: French
The Cannes Yachting Festival is officially over and what a show!
There was Yachts for all sailing and yachting enthusiasts. Our team was able to discover the most fashionable yacht models in the industry. Let’s relive our stay in Cannes and the yachts we saw and let’s have a look at this nautical festival.
Trimaran NEEL 43
For the first time, the French shipyard NEEL, specialists in trimarans, launched the NEEL 43 at the Cannes Yachting Festival after her big brother, the Neel 47, launched in 2019.
This new trimaran offers a living space never before seen on a trimaran of this size. The platform is divided between an owner’s cabin on the starboard side and a saloon on the port side that extends into the cockpit. In 3 or 5 cabin versions, this NEEL 43 has chosen to optimize the living spaces. When it comes to sailing, you will take full advantage of the trimaran’s performance compared to the catamaran, including comfort at sea.
A boat intended for a family with a desire for long distance sailing.
Multihull, our favorite : The Lagoon 55 catamaran, world premiere
In the catamaran range, the Lagoon 55 was one of the most expected boats of the show!
Lagoon 55, the key points:
- The new Lagoon 55 offers an unparalleled view of the sea!
- The new access and circulation concepts on board offer a completely new feeling. The transoms are no longer just a circulation space but a real living space at anchor, to cook outdoors or simply to dream with your feet in the water.
- The flybridge is an invitation to relax with beautiful sunbathing areas, a wooden table and an offset cockpit that can accommodate up to 3 people.
The Lagoon Sixty Five, luxury multihull
The Lagoon 65 catamaran, the latest pocket superyacht and the little sister of the magnificent Seventy 7.
Innovations in details:
- Improved access to the flybridge from the open cockpit.
- Advanced double helm for short-handed sailing.
- Full-width reversible cockpit lounge so you can face the ocean or guests.
- Feel at home by choosing the woods and upholstery that suit your style and taste.
- Upstairs or downstairs galley?
- Up to 6 double cabins with en-suite bathrooms + extra crew space.
We offer you the Lagoon 65 Smoothie for charter, available in the Balearic Islands in 2022. For more information, click here.
Monohull, Jeanneau 60
All sailing enthusiasts are looking forward to visiting Jeanneau’s latest luxury yacht, the Jeanneau Yacht 60 – an innovative and elegant 60-foot with timeless charm!
Key points of the Jeanneau 60 :
- 4 living areas: the forepeak, the forward cabins, the salon with the forward galley, and the aft cabins.
- Mastery of space – the galley is placed forward.
- Quality of life on board
Our favorite sailing boat, Nautor’ Swan 58
A new size for the Finnish shipyard, the Swan 58 was presented as a world premiere this year. Designed to travel in safety, comfort and autonomy, it does not sacrifice the pleasure of steering. The hull is inspired by recent ocean racing yachts and offers more volume and surface area. To optimize the center of gravity, all the electrical systems and the various tanks are installed below the waterline. The construction is a fiberglass sandwich with carbon reinforcements, foam core, vinylester resin, vacuum infusion. A standard draft of 2.70 m, with telescopic keel options. As usual, Swan has taken care of a spacious, comfortable and luxurious interior.
The shipyard also surprised us by entering the motoryacht range with the Swan Shadow. Born from Leonardo Ferragamo’s passion for the marine world, the Swan Shadow expands the range of vessels that the shipyard offers to its customers, in perfect harmony with the fundamental elements of its brand DNA: Performance, Quality, Elegance.
Our Motoryacht favorite, the Extra 86
The Extra brand from the Palumbo Superyachts Group is giving the trend a modern Explorer-style look. With two distinct exterior decks, the outdoor spaces are divided between a spacious 25-square-meter sundeck atop the boat, a functional forward-facing settee on the foredeck and a large open entertainment area on the main deck aft. Here, guests can dine alfresco in the cockpit area or watch their favorite Hollywood movies in the comfortable outdoor theater.
The Motoryacht Extra 86 HAZE, is available for charter with WI yachts in the Mediterranean.
We thank the Festival de la Plaisance de Cannes for hosting once again this major event in the world of Yachting, and WI Yachts invites you to participate in next year’s event, from September 6 to 11!